123.hp.com/envy5055 Setup & Unboxing
The 123.hp.com/envy5055 unboxing procedure refers to the process of setting up the HP Envy 5055 printer for the very first time. These simple steps can be followed to set up the device.
- Take the printer out of its package.
- Peel off the safety tapes and stickers from the device.
- Remove the safety sticker on the control panel.
- Open the scanner compartment to remove all the safety materials from it.
- Open the cartridge access door and the paper input tray, and remove all the packaging materials in it.
- Ensure that all the components mentioned on the box are present inside the package.Place the device on a flat surface.
- Enable the power supply to the device by connecting the power cord to it.
- After the printer turns on, enter the required details using the control panel.
- Now open the cartridge compartment to install the cartridges in their respective slots.
- Ensure that the cartridges are handled carefully, and the protective tape is peeled off.
- Pull out the input tray and load plain paper into 123.hp.com/envy5055 printer.
- Ensure that the width guides are positioned at the corners of the inserted paper before pushing the photo tray in.
- The device now prints an alignment page automatically. Scan the printed page and set the device for proper alignment.
- The printer is now ready for the next step of the set-up procedure.
HP Envy 5055 driver and manual download
The HP Envy 5055 driver and HP Envy 5055 manual for the printer, assist in setting up the printer and performing various functions on it. The printer driver is an essential component that configures the printer to a personal device. The 123.hp.com/envy5055 driver package is available both as an individual functional driver and also as the complete Full Feature driver for different operating systems.
Download the set-up guide and user manual in different formats, according to your operating system.
hp envy 5055 vs 4520
|HP Envy 5055||HP Envy 4520|
|1.||Print speed of 8ppm (Color)||Print speed of 6.8ppm (Color)|
|2.||128 MB Internal Memory||64 MB Internal Memory|
|3.||Input capacity – 100 Sheets||Cloud printing.|
|4.||Weight: 6.8 Kg||Weight: 5.4 Kg|
|5.||2.2” Display||2.2” Display|
|6.||Supports duplex printing||Supports duplex printing|
|7.||Wireless enabled||Wireless enabled|
|8.||Inkjet Printer||Inkjet Printer|
|9.||No ADF||No ADF|
|10.||Processor Speed: 525 MHz||Processor Speed: 360 MHz|
How To Print in HP Envy 5055
- Connect the printer power cord’s one end to the rear panel of the 123.hp.com/envy5055 printer.
- Plug the cord’s other end to a power source. We recommend connecting the power cord directly to a wall power outlet.
- Ensure that the ink cartridges are correctly installed in the device. See to that only the genuine HP ink cartridges are used in the printer.
- Load suitable paper into the input tray or the photo tray.
- Ensure that the appropriate print media is inserted according to the print job.
- Establish a wired or wireless connection to the personal device.
- Check if the driver and software are installed on the personal device. If not, download the same from 123-hp-envy5055.com based on the computer’s operating system.
- Open the document to be printed using the appropriate application.
- Click on the Print option or use the shortcut to initiate the print operation.
- Use the Print tab to select the 123.hp.com/envy5055 printer. Make necessary changes to the file and click on the Print option after preview.
How To Copy in HP Envy 5055
- Switch ON the 123.hp.com/envy5055 printer after inserting the power cord to it.
- Ensure that enough paper is installed in the input tray.
- Load the original document on the scanner glass. Ensure that it is placed with proper orientation.
- Close the scanner lid. On the printer control panel, select the Copy option.
- Choose the Color or B/W copy option using the control panel.
- Resize the document if needed. Choose the paper type and size using the control panel.
- Use the HP Copy Fix option to adjust the copy parameters automatically. Select the 123.hp.com/envy5055 Collate option to copy multiple pages.
- Select the margin values, quality level, and make color and brightness adjustments to the original document. Utilize the Enhancements option to improve the sharpness and decrease the faded font. in the document.
- Save the current copy settings for further use, if required. In order to bring the default settings back, tap on the Restore Factory Defaults option.
- Choose the number of copies and tap on the Start option to copy the document loaded on the scanner glass.
How To Scan in HP Envy 5055
- Turn on the printer after connecting the power cord to it.
- Power up the computer by connecting it to a power source.
- Establish a wired or wireless connection between the 123.hp.com/envy5055 printer and computer.
- Keep the original document on the scanner glass with the proper orientation.
- Locate HP Print Assistant (Windows) or HP Easy Scan (Mac) on the computer.
- Select Scan a Document/Photo (Windows) or choose HP Envy 5055 from the scanner drop-down list.
- Click on the Scan option to initiate the scan operation.
- Choose the format in which the file is to be saved in the computer. Use the Save As PDF option for scanning multiple pages and saving it as a single document.
- Select the destination for saving the scanned document.
- The document can also be directly mailed to a predefined email account using the Scan to email option.
HP Envy 5055 Mobile Printing
The 123.hp.com/envy5055 printer is capable of printing directly from smartphones and other mobile devices. The HP Print Service plugin, the HP Smart app, AirPrint, and ePrint are some of the mobile printing solutions available for use with the 123.hp.com/envy 5055 printer. Few of the applications require the printer to be connected to a common wireless connection along with the mobile device.
123.hp.com/setup 5055 – AirPrint
- Ensure that your Apple device operates on the iOS version 4.2 later.
- Connect the power cord to the printer to enable the power supply.
- Connect the printer and Apple device to a common wireless network.
- In the absence of a network router, connect the Apple device to the Wi-Fi Direct access point of the printer.
- The control panel on the printer can be utilized to switch on the Wi-Fi Direct option on the printer.
- On the Apple device, open the document or file to be printed from it.
- Touch the Action icon and scroll to locate the Print option.
- Select the Print option in the Action menu.
- Choose the 123.hp.com/envy5055 printer from the list of connected printers.
- If the printer name is not displayed in the list, try reconnecting the printer.
- Touch the Options menu to make changes to the file.
- Select the Print option after entering the number of copies to be printed.
123.hp.com/setup 5055 – eprint setup
- Power on the printer after connecting the power cord.
- Ensure that the USB cable is removed, if connected.
- Tap on the HP ePrint option in the printer’s control panel.
- Tap on the Turn On/Enable/Setup option. Ensure that the firmware is updated and press OK.Tap on the Print Info option to get the information sheet printed.
- Locate the 123.hp.com/envy5055 printer’s email address on the information sheet. Refresh the EWS connection if the printer fails to print the information page.
- Open the email account and type the printer’s email address in the TO bar.
- Ensure that no other email address is entered in the same bar.
- This feature requires the user to type a subject as a mandatory action. The printer, however, does not print the subject text.
- The HP ePrint feature supports up to 10 attachments per email.
- Photos and documents can be printed using this feature.
- The password protected and encrypted files cannot be printed using this feature.
- The HP ePrint feature cannot print on both sides of the paper.
- The file is printed when the printer gets connected to the network.
How to use wi-fi Direct in HP Envy 5055
- Turn on the 123.hp.com/envy5055 printer after connecting the power cord.
- On the printer control panel, select the Wi-Fi Direct option.
- Note down the Wi-Fi Direct name and password for the printer from the control panel.
- Open Wireless Settings on the personal device and search for available networks.
- Look for the network that matches the Wireless Direct name of the printer.
- Click on Connect to establish a connection to the printer.
- Enter 12345678 as the password when prompted.
- After successful connection, open the document or file and choose Print. Select the connected printer from the list and print the file sing the Wi-Fi Direct option.
- The personal device and printer cannot be connected to another network router while performing this operation.
HP Envy 5055 Ink Cartridges
The 123.hp.com/envy5055 printer comes with the bundled ink cartridges upon the purchase. Though the printer is designed to produce maximum output from the ink cartridges, they need to be replaced when they run dry. The HP printers are engineered to work flawlessly with the genuine HP ink cartridges. Using counterfeit or refilled cartridges may damage the printer. The printer supports the 65/65XL black ink cartridges and the 65/65XL Tri-color ink cartridges. Buy the genuine ink cartridges from HP Store or the authorized retailers in your region. HP has even partnered with leading e-commerce sites for the accessory sales.
How To Change Network Settings In HP Envy 5055
- Changing the service provider or connecting the printer to a new router may require you to change the network settings on the device.
- Turn on the 123.hp.com/envy5055 printer by connecting the power cable.
- On the control panel, look for the Settings icon.
- Tap on the Settings icon to view the available settings.
- Navigate to the Wireless Setup Wizard option.
- Tap on the Wireless Setup Wizard option and search for the available networks to connect.
- Choose the new router or network name from the list by tapping on it, and select the Connect option.
- If the network name is not displayed, select Enter New Network Name and follow the displayed guidelines.
- Enter the WPA key if required and end the process by tapping on Done.
- Now the 123.hp.com/envy5055 printer is connected to the new network. To get the current network configuration details, print the configuration page from the printer and compare it to the EWS page of the router.
Fix HP Envy 5055 Troubleshooting issue
The HP Envy printers are crafted to fulfill all your printing needs easily. But the device might encounter issues due to various reasons. This might prevent the printer from operating properly and thus produces unsatisfactory results. The process of resolving such errors is known as troubleshooting. The common issues that arise in the printer are the printer offline problems, cartridge errors, paper jams, blank page errors, print quality errors and much more. All these errors can be resolved by following a few systematic steps that can be performed by the end user. The troubleshooting procedures are available in the user guides and also on our website for every individual issue. It is always advised to maintain the printer in a good condition to avoid problems. Use the genuine ink cartridges to avoid spillage and smudging issues. The good quality papers reduce the occurrence of paper jams in the printer. The HP Print and Scan Doctor application can also be used to diagnose and solve the issues in the printer when connected to a Windows computer. Our expert tech team is ready to assist you in case you require further guidance and instructions to resolve the 123.hp.com/envy5055 printer issues.