HP ENVY 5055 WIRELESS SETUP
HP ENVY 5055 wireless setup is a multi-functional, dynamic, and versatile printer. The Envy 5055 wireless setup can be done through the built-in Wi-Fi feature, Wireless Direct, HP Auto Wireless Connect, and the Bluetooth feature. Before setting up the printer on a wireless network, check whether the router has a reliable power source. Ensure that the internet connection status is active. If the network connection is WPS, gather the network password/encryption key. The factors to be considered while establishing a wireless connection are
- Both printer and computer should be connected to the same wireless network.
- No other wireless router should be turned on.
HOW TO CONNECT HP ENVY 5055 TO WI FI FOR WINDOWS?
A printer can be connected to a computer/laptop through a wireless network by three methods: Wireless Setup Wizard, Wireless Direct (does not require a router), and HP Auto Wireless Connect. Once the wireless connection is established, you can print wirelessly from any device that is connected to the same network. The HP Envy 5055 Wireless Setup Wizard provides an easy way in setting up a wireless network connection. Follow the instructions below to learn about establishing a wireless network connection using the Setup Wizard.
- Turn on your printer and navigate to the Control Panel settings.
- Locate the Wireless Settings menu and touch it (navigate using the arrow keys if the printer has no touchscreen).
- Scroll down the page and select the Wireless Setup Wizard option.
- The Setup Wizard opens and automatically turns on the Wi-Fi on your printer.
- After it is initialized, it starts to scan for available networks(hotspots) nearby.
- Power on your router and test the network speed by connecting it to a mobile device.Ensure that the internet connection is active.
- Turn off all other networks within the printer’s range.
- If the auto-connect mode is enabled on your printer, it automatically connects to your network.
- If the mode is disabled, a list of available networks displays on the HP envy 5055 wireless setup printer’s screen.Select the desired network manually.
- In case your network is encrypted with a password, gather the network password from the router’s manual.
- Type the password in the dialog box and click OK.
- The printer displays a status message ‘Connection Successful’, after the wireless network connection is associated successfully.
- Connect your Windows computer to the same network and start printing.
HOW TO CONNECT HP ENVY 5055 TO WIFI FOR MAC?
The HP Envy 5055 printer is included with the HP Auto Wireless Connect feature. The HP Auto Wireless Connect is an advanced technology in printers that allows your printer to connect to your wireless network automatically. The HP Auto Wireless Connect software is pre-installed with the printer’s operating system. To use this feature, the computer and network configuration you use should meet the following requirements:
- Mac device installed with OSX 10.5 or later.
- Computer connected to an 802.11 b/g/n wireless router.
- Dynamic IP address (not a static one).
- Establishing a HP Envy 5055 wireless setup connection through HP Auto Wireless Connect is very easy.
- Connect the printer to a reliable power source.
- Press the printer’s Power key to turn it on.
- Assign the preferences on the homescreen.
- Open the Settings menu and check whether the preferences are set correctly.
- Tap the Wi-Fi icon on the printer’s control panel.
- Install the printer driver files by following the step-by-step procedure.
- During the installation process, the printer automatically notifies to use HP Auto Wireless Connect.
- Click OK and the device prompts you to choose the connection type.
- Select the ‘Yes! send my wireless settings to the printer’ option.
- Tap OK on the forthcoming screen.
- If the wireless network configurations are not compatible with the HP Auto Wireless Connect software, an alternate wireless setup method will be provided.
- Before setting up the Auto Wireless Connect, ensure to save your progress.
- The printer restarts after the software installation.
- Once the entire process completes, you can connect to the HP Envy 5055 wireless setup network without typing the network name and password directly.
HP ENVY 5055 WPS PIN NUMBER HOW TO SETUP FOR YOUR PRINTER
- Connect the computer that you are using to the router through the Wi-Fi option or via an Ethernet cable.
- Open a web browser on your computer and in the search bar, enter the ‘telnet’ address of the connection.
- The telnet address can be found at the rear of the router.
- Enter the username and password if the system prompts to do so.
- The default username and password are inscribed on the router.
- After opening the router’s configuration menu, click the ‘Wireless Settings’ tab on the top of the screen.
- Select the ‘Basic Security Settings’ option from the drop-down menu.
- The system displays a list of options to choose. Tap the ‘Turn Wireless On’ option.
- Under the HP Envy 5055 wireless setup option, slide the toggle switch to turn on the HP Envy 5540 WPS pin. Click Apply at the bottom of the page.